Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest redirection

eagles-nest
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Not sure this is really an Wireless controller/ISE issue however I'll start here.

I have a guest wireless setup using ISE for the self registration portal.  The client joins the SSID and is redirected to the internal ISE page.  They register there and use those credentials to log in.  With a Windows 10 laptop this all works fine.  I register, the redirection and registration occur and I can log in with the credentials successfully.  I have then set a URL in the Portal Authentication Success Settings page to go to after success which works fine. 

However, I cannot get this to work with an iPad or Android device.  I get the redirection to the self registration page and register ok.  However, after using the credentials to sign in the iPad just sits at a blank page with the redirection URL indicated at the top and a circle goes round.  It eventually gives up and joins another SSID.  It never completes the log in and lets me out to the internet.  Similarly it does this with Android.  When I look in the logs I see the same as with a successful Windows device registration/login.  One entry matches the authorization rule to redirect and another matches the authorization to check the guest endpoints and permit access.  So the logs indicate the process is working. 

So I don't think it's a WLC or ISE issue because the Windows 10 device.  But I thought I'd start here for any ideas around what it could be. 

Thanks for any input, Stuart.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the replies.  However, I got this working by changing the Guest portal Authentication Success settings toAuthentication success.jpg

I had it set to a known URL so that once authentication succeeded I knew by the URL it hit.  I also tried the Authentication Success page but it didn't work either.  With the Originating URL all devices work.

Thanks again for the input.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

d.friday
Level 4
Level 4

Stuart,

Have you tried changing the Captive Portal Assistant Bypass to disabled ?    This is done on the WLC under your WLAN,  Security, Layer 3

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

does it work if you dont use the mini browser? IE open the web browser go to a http:// site and then get the browser?

What happens if you remove the redirect to the portal success page as well?

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the replies.  However, I got this working by changing the Guest portal Authentication Success settings toAuthentication success.jpg

I had it set to a known URL so that once authentication succeeded I knew by the URL it hit.  I also tried the Authentication Success page but it didn't work either.  With the Originating URL all devices work.

Thanks again for the input.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: