cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest wi-fi (web auth) + roaming

Chemist2k
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to figure out how to keep my guest clients connected and authenticated when they roam between aps. Once they move to another ap, web-auth page would pop up and they have to put their credentials again. Is there a way to fix that?

3 Replies 3

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1. did you do the site survey properly ? if not then do it.

2. are AP connecte dto one controller or diff ? If diff then All the WLC in the network need to be in the mobility list for roaming across WLC to work properly.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

I did a site survey, the problem happens only when clients roam to another ap, apparently, their session resets every time they move from one ap to another one. I believe there should be some piece of configuration that would keep their session on even when they roam.

I have just one WLC, no mobility groups, the configuration is very simple but I feel like I'm missing something. As I said, the problem occurs only when I use open ssid/web-auth. Roaming with WPA2/dot1.x works smoothly 

Since you have one WLC and all AP's connected to that WLC, roaming shouldn't be an issue at all.

Clients should be able to roam from one ap to another with non issues. Now this is as long as you have adequate coverage.

Check:

1. enable sleeping clinet

2. Set session timeout to 65535

3. Set idle timeout to 300

Then try again.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card