Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HA controller

Not applicable

I have a primary controller has 12 AP license on it.  Is it possible to add HA controller as an active-active secondary?

Or I have to upgrade primary controller to 50 AP license?

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

SHUBHAM GUPTA
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Eric,

Since you want an active-active secondary then i assume then you are not trying to deploy HA SSO. If you are not deploying HA SSO then there is no license limitation to add HA controller as active-active secondary..

In case of HA SSO we need minimum of 50 Permanent Licenses on the controller which needs to be converted to Standby WLC.

This condition is only valid for 5508 WLC. There is no restriction for other WLCs such as the WiSM2, 7500, and 8500.

Do let me know if you have any queries or concerns.

Regards,

Shubham

Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Thanks Shubham,

I like to put them to HA SSO.  Does that mean HA need 50-AP license on it and the other controller can be 12-AP license?

Thanks,

Hi Eric,

To support HA SSO feature the Secondary WLC needs 50 AP's permanent license installed on it.

50 AP's licenses on the Secondary is just a requirement to support the feature, after enabling HA SSO secondary will inherit the AP count of the permanent license on the Primary WLC.

So In your case you can enable HA SSO with primary controller having 12 AP licenses but to add secondary controller you need to have permanent 50 AP license on it.

Do let me know if you have any queries or concerns.

Cheers,

Shubham

Please go through the following link which will give you a brief overview of Licensing for HA Pair:-

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/7-5/High_Availability_DG.html#pgfId-44069

Regards,

Shubham

Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

sobhardw
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please refer to the deployment guide :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/7-5/High_Availability_DG.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card