Views
Helpful
Replies

Hardware and software for location services

Sai2258
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we are developing RFID tags and need some help on getting its location on MAPs.

I understand that APs forward tags RSSI information to WLC. 

1. I see from Cisco Unified Wireless Location-Based Services , we need a Location appliance and WSC server to get tag location on maps.

2. But there is also a solution with CMX using (MSE or other hardware) to get locations and Prime Infrastructure to import maps. (CMX and Prime Infrastructure). 

I am a bit confused if the location appliance and WSC have any relation with CMX and prime infrastructure.

Currently, we have Aironet 2802i access points with WLC 3504, with this we can see CCX v1 packets and RSSIs of them using WLC. We are looking for the best hardware and software to see the location of RFID tags on maps.

My question is, to see the location of tags in the maps which is the best way to go?

Thank you,

Sai.

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
What kind of "RFID" are you planning to do: WiFi or BLE?

We are developing WiFi tags! with CCX v1

Other than APs and WLC, you'll need PI to do the maps and MSE/CMX to do the "location tracking".
Please talk to your Cisco AM/SE/PSS and tell them what you're planning to do. MSE/CMX is about to be replaced with DNA Spaces.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: