cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

have one cisco wireless controller CISCO2106 . i have configured mangement interface and AP-manager interface into that. I can now login to WLC through management interface, But the problem is AP-manager interface is not coming UP so the AP are not assoc

sumeet kumar
Level 1
Level 1
16 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

dmantill
Level 4
Level 4

What do you mean it is not UP? Can you please upload config and debugging? What output do you see on the AP side using the console port?

What is the discovery method?

View solution in original post

Hi Sumeeth,

Thanks for uploading the info!!

The AP manager interface is the NON-PINGABLE interface.. what ur able to see is the expected behaviour.. the AP manager IP should not be pinged..

However, from the config i saw ur management and the AP manager are assigned to dofferent ports.. please issue the command and lemme know if that resolves the issue..

interface port ap-manager 1

Please lemme know if this answered ur question and mark it as answered if so!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi Sumeeth,

The  AP manager interface is the NON-PINGABLE interface.. what ur able to  see is the expected behaviour.. the AP manager IP should not be pinged..

However,  from the config i saw ur management and the AP manager are assigned to  dofferent ports.. please issue the command and lemme know if that  resolves the issue..

config interface port ap-manager 1

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Is the LAG enabled on the WLC??

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Ok.. please map the AP manager to port 1 and then reboot the WLC.. in the mean time cature the console logs from the AP.. to see the reason why the AP is not able to get registered..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

any update??

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Please go through the below links and proced further.. U get more info on the same!!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_tech_note09186a00808f8599.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a00806c9e51.shtml

Lemme know if this helps

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi

Could you please reply back wiht SHOW RUN-CONFIG and not the RUNNING-config..?

Let us know if the APs are getting registered.

wat does the debug say on the WLC??

I guess i hv already provided this doc.. giving you again.. please refer to this or please read this and this will help you!!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_tech_note09186a00808f8599.shtml

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

There got to be a duplicate IP address on your network, why dont you check on that?

Check at first if some other device is using management and or ap-manager..

please reply with show run-config and give us an idea of the topology, routing , IP ranges, etxc...

download  it from cisco.com, or get a contract, or contact TAC.....

please make sure that you are not having duplicate IP addresses.

If you have skype I can help you right now... diego_mancr

are the APs getting the IP address?? what does debug on the WLC say??

Regards
Surendra BG

As per debug

Ap sends discovert and WLC transmit discovery response....

But what happend then? we need all the debug output from at least 1 AP.

@Surendra: can you setup a webex session with him to help him over this on your schedule? unfortunately it seems like we are not even able to find each other during my day....

i can help you right now

Can you please add me to skype? I can help you now... but please I need you to contact be thru a faster method...

45 Replies 45

dmantill
Level 4
Level 4

What do you mean it is not UP? Can you please upload config and debugging? What output do you see on the AP side using the console port?

What is the discovery method?

Hi Thanks for reply,

Pls find the attached config and debug

i can able to ping management interface but can not ping Ap-manger interface.

Pls help ...

Hi Sumeeth,

The AP manager interface is the NON-PINGABLE interface.. what ur able to see is the expected behaviour.. the AP manager IP should not be pinged..

However, from the config i saw ur management and the AP manager are assigned to dofferent ports.. please issue the command and lemme know if that resolves the issue..

interface port ap-manager 1

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi Surendra,

Thanks but in this model WLC if you assign same interface port for both the mac address will be same for both interface thats waht i made AP manager interface on port 2 even though if i make both on port 1 AP not associating with WLC

Is the LAG enabled on the WLC??

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

No there is no option to enable the LAG in this model

You can chat with me in gmail ID sumeetf

uture@gmail.com

No problem!! i am active here

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Ok.. please map the AP manager to port 1 and then reboot the WLC.. in the mean time cature the console logs from the AP.. to see the reason why the AP is not able to get registered..

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi

Pls find the report after changing the AP-manager port. This device is on remote location, So no console is connected...

Please go through the below links and proced further.. U get more info on the same!!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a00806c9e51.shtml

Lemme know if this helps

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi

Could you please reply back wiht SHOW RUN-CONFIG and not the RUNNING-config..?

Let us know if the APs are getting registered.

Ap is not getting registered

please make sure that you are not having duplicate IP addresses.

If you have skype I can help you right now... diego_mancr

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: