cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help configuring Wireless LAN Controller

rvdsabu4life
Level 1
Level 1

I bought 6 air-lap1042n-a-k9 for our business.  They are mounted.  I bought a Cisco POE switch for them. I hooked them up and realized they needed a Wireless LAN Controller.  I have never dealt with these before.  From my research, I need to buy AIR-WLC2106-K9.

My question, Can I just connect my POE switch to the LAN Controller to configure all 6 access points that are connected to the POE switch?

6 Replies 6

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

acutally, I would go with a 2504-5 with a 5 AP license upgrade.  Believe the 21xx are going EOL soon if not already.

but yes, once the WLC is configured you just connect it to the switch.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Great thanks for the reply.  I was worried I needed to find a 6 port POE lan controller.

You can also try to convert AP to autonomous

acutally, I would go with a 2504-5 with a 5 AP license upgrade.

Errrr ... The OP purchased six (6) WAPs.

yup.  2504-5/15/25/50.  but the upgrade comes in 5.  so base 2504-5, +5 AP upgrade to 10 AP total capacity.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Ok.  Thanks. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: