Views
Helpful
Replies

Hostname Unknown after WLC 3504 SW Update Release 8.10.112.0

Alexander S.
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

after WLC 3503 Update to 8.10.112.0 is the Hostname Field Unknow. What is the Issue? In 8.5.140. we´ve got no Problem with that. Can Some one Help?`

Thanks a lot.

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Not sure about the cause, but is it possible to set the hostname again ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

merlin76
Level 1
Level 1

I think he means the hostname column under client view. I had the same issue with ME 8.10.112.0, local profiling seems to be broken. I needed to downgrade to 8.10.105.0 to make it work again.

Yes, you´re right, the columns Host Name are "Unknown" and Client Type "Unclassified". I´ve got this Problem on 4 of my WLC´s 3504. :/

Look at the Pic that I added.

Thanks a lot!

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Go to WLANs tab \  WLAN ID \ Advanced look for Local Client Profiling and check the box for HTTP profiling , and or make sure it still enabled. It could be that the upgraded flipped it. Repeat for other Wlan's if needed.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi Marce,

thanks, but I checked allready this Points. DHCP & HTTP Profiling is checked. DHCP Addr. Assignment is checked too. 

- Could you try flipping the settings yourself off/on , see if that makes any difference.

M.

Hi,

no positive result. If I switch the Controller Config Boot Image to 8.5.140.0, than everything works! Buggy 8.10.112.0?

Couple things to try also is another 8.10 release and or upload the OUI to the controller and see if that helps or not.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I would try previous 8.10.105.0 release, it is working fine here. Local profiling is defective in 8.10.112.0, didn't had the time yet to create a TAC case with Cisco to make them fill a bug report.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card