cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I copy a PSK from one WLAN Controller to another

tdennehy
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to replace a WLAN controller with a new one.  One WLAN is configured with WPA-PSK.  Nobody seems to know the key that was used.

Anyone know if there is a way to extract the encrypted key out of a controller and put it into the new WLAN Controller?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Na... The WLAN move was pretty easy ..

I would open a ticket with vocera about this issue and tell them about the hash .. They should be able to do it ..

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No can do ...

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11364566/view-psks-wlans-wlc 

However, if any users are on a MAC Book and has iCloud enabled you can see the key under the "keys". If you have a windows 7 box and uses the native supplicant you can expose the key on the supplicant ..

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

This just happens to be a Vocera badge WLAN.  No clients other than badges...

If vocera can get to the hash in the vocera server you might be able to get the key. We had this problem. We ended up setting up a new WLAN and doing a push to the badge and moved them to the new WLAN with a new key .. 

Got that hash.

That sounds extremely painful - setting up new WLAN, etc.

Na... The WLAN move was pretty easy ..

I would open a ticket with vocera about this issue and tell them about the hash .. They should be able to do it ..