Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can upgrade AIR-LAP1522AG-N-K9?

I want to update an AIR-LAP1522AG-N-KP. I want to use TFTP.

The problem is that my laptop does not ping any of the interfaces of LWAP.

For example:

Laptop 192.168.1.100 / LWAP Gigabit0 192.168.1.101 - - ping fails .

I have experience using AIR-LAṔ1242AG , or the process is different?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You don't need to. The AP will use the code that the WLC provides it. You need to upgrade the WLC and the AP's will get the new image from the WLC.

If you happened to upgrade the mesh APs code to 15.x, once it joins the WLC, it will downgrade anyways since that code version is for use with the newer 7.3 code.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You want to upgrade the mesh ap to what? The mesh ap will upgrade its code depending in what's running on the WLC.

-Scott

I have :

- (80) AIR-LAP 1522AG-N-K9

Software c1520 (c1520-K9W8-M) Version 12.4 (21a) JA - c1520-k9w8-mx.124-21a.JA

- (2) Cisco 4404 Wireless LAN Controller 7.0.230 release.

I want to upgrade the devices AIR-LAP 1522AG-N-K9 to c1520-k9w8-tar.152-2.JB and the Wireless LAN Controller to 7.0.240 release.

I have experience upgrading the IOS software on the AIR-LAP1242AG via TFTP but I don't know if it's the same process to upgrading AIR-LAP 1522AG-N-K9 IOS software.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You don't need to. The AP will use the code that the WLC provides it. You need to upgrade the WLC and the AP's will get the new image from the WLC.

If you happened to upgrade the mesh APs code to 15.x, once it joins the WLC, it will downgrade anyways since that code version is for use with the newer 7.3 code.

-Scott

In summary :  I need only to upgrade the WLC code 7.0.230 to 7.0.240 .  Then the WLC download the updated code on

AIR-LAP1522AG-N-K9.

I think the only problem is that in the Mesh network there are about 80 AIR-LAP 1522AG-N-K9. Perhaps the process will be slow.

Only one more question :  What is the best practice for Mesh Network (LWAP IP configuration) ? 

1 Do it through DHCP or statically asign IP address, IP WLC Addres etc.  

Tomorrow I'll do the test . Thanks Dude .

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I use dhcp for mesh. When the mesh is up, then you can use static if you want, but initially I will use dhcp.

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card