cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to disable radio on the AP

ammahend
VIP
VIP

need help on how to disable radio on the AP 1140 from NCS script .

Thank you

Ambuj

-hope this helps-
5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can push out a command template like this:

config 802.11b disable

config 802.11a disable

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott. +5.

But CLI templates are not working correctly with me. They randomly fail or succeed without any justifiable reason. I gave up long time ago and stopped using CLI templates unless extremely necessary.

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Oh I know:) I usually script everything anyways and run it through the cli.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

What do you use for scripting?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Well... When I say scripting its not really a script language I use for this. It's an excel spreadsheet that I build and use it at our company that is a spreadsheet that you collect information and it populates the WLC config and AP config. So we scan in all the AP's serial and MAC address and this allows use to rename them from the default, set location. IP address, h-reap mapping, all the info to completely configure an AP. So since I have the ap name, I also have configuration to enable/disable radios and or admin status.

This is how I "script it" cut and paste. So when we are done priming the AP's they mount it and we have no other configurations to do. I update this almost every week to add features or fix formulas that I have enters wrong. I can do up to 4000 AP's and 20 WLC and can easily add to this. Well at least it's easy for me.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card