cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to export the guest user accounts on the WLC5508?

robert.huang
Level 1
Level 1

I'm sorry if this question has already been answered.

I've got a WLC5508 (7.0.116.0) that is managed by WCS (7.0.172.0). I set up another WLC5508 with the same code and managed by the same WCS. Now I'd like to export all the 800 guest user accounts with the passwords from the old WLC and import them into the new WLC.Please let me know how to do it. Thanks a lot.

Robert

10 Replies 10

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should be able to use WCS to do this. Make sure you discover templates from the WLC. You can the. Apply the net user templates to your second WLC.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thanks Steven.

Please let me know how to discover templates from the WLC. I couldn't find this feature in WCS. Thanks again.

robert.huang
Level 1
Level 1

Please help. Thanks a lot.

Im going to try to remember...

If you go to controllers and then on the drop down on the top right, there should be an option to discover templates. Click on your WLC and then that option and hit apply. That should discover your templates and hopefully your guest accounts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Scott for your reply. I got nothing from the templates discovery because the configuration from WLC and WCS is identical. See the result below.

Discover Templates
Configure   >  Controllers  >  10.64.18.49  >  Discover Templates
Number of templates discovered: 0
No new configurations were found on the device.
Footnotes:
1. Template discovery will discover  templates that are not found in WCS.
2. Existing templates will not be  discovered.
3. Discovered templates will not be  associated to the configuration on device.
4. Discovered templates do not  retrieve Management/Local user passwords.

Hi Robert - from the Main WCS dashboard, select the Configure command, then controllers.  You will be presented with the inventory of controllers managed by WCS.  Place a tick mark next to the controller that you want to pull config from.  On the top right of the screen, open the drop down box and select import templates and then GO.

//art

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You could also issue from the CLI, show run-config commands and that should have the commands to add the guest users to the new WLC. You could also do a backup of the WLC and then export the guest user accounts and then paste that into a new config and upload that config to your new wlc.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott

the password will not show and need to enable cleartest command to see them is what i'm thinking.

Saravanan.... you are right and the command is: config passwd-cleartext enable but you have to be logged in local and not using tacacs.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

+5 to scott & steve.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card