Views
Helpful
Replies

how to read the polar chat?

Steve Zhou
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

On this diagram, the antenna is at the center of the circle. The strongest signal is at the outer ring. The signal strength attenuates as it travels, then why the signal strength at '3' is weaker than '1'? Isn't '3' is closer to the antenna? I must be misunderstanding something on the chat.

Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 1.58.15 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I’ll try to explain it a different way. If you look straight at and object, the object you are looking at is in focus and the surrounding gets gets harder to view because of what you are focusing on. As with directional antennas, they foucused. At that distance anyways, signal will not be good. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I’ll try to explain it a different way. If you look straight at and object, the object you are looking at is in focus and the surrounding gets gets harder to view because of what you are focusing on. As with directional antennas, they foucused. At that distance anyways, signal will not be good. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card