cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to setup Wi-Fi self registration for domain only users?

Mottok
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we have users that wish to use our Wi-Fi to connect devices such as TV's and games consoles. Currently we only provide this via a wired solution as there is usually no way for them to enter their credentials on the device. We would like to setup an SSID on our Cisco controller that allows these devices to connect however in order to authenticate, we would like the users to be able to sign up and add their own MAC addresses via a portal page (but they must already be a member of our domain!). We use ISE 2.2 for authentication.

I am very new to these technologies so if anyone can speak baby IT and can explain how we could possibly do this it would be extremely appreciated thanks.

2 Replies 2

On ISE, you can setup my device portal & let users to register their MAC address first.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-3/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_guide_13/b_ise_admin_guide_sample_chapter_010000.html

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Many thanks for that. I have to admit that for someone new to these technologies some of the reading is like double Dutch to me.

We currently have an SSID that users login to (this way we know they are one of our users), can someone please suggest to me which method (which device portal) we would use so that once they login to the regular SSID (and only then) they have the opportunity to get to a portal to register their device by MAC and use it for a set period of time? That's all I want :-)

Many thanks
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card