Views
Helpful
Replies

HTTPS issue on Aironet 2702i in autonomous mode

franckehret
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Since a couple of months (no real need the first I've seen this issue), I've noticed I could not connect to my Aironet 2702i in HTTPS.

It either shows on Chrome the NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID error in a loop mode (I can't continue to the website as I always did, it just comes back to the same state) or displays that I can't get access to the webpage on IE or Edge.

As a workarround I re-activated http and I could manage to update it to version ap3g2-k9w7-xx.153-3.JJ1 but this didn't solve anything. It is probably due to an outdated cypher or protocol.

Does anybody has a solution for that ? An even better option for me would be to be able to import a certificate from my own internal CA, but I already know there is no option in web GUI.

In advance, many thanks for your help !

3 Replies 3

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Don't use the webinterface :)
Never used it (before ME) and can't really help.

You can use to create a new certificate (make sure the clock is correct on the AP!!! use NTP):
crypto key generate rsa general-keys
Then reload the AP and I think it should use the new certificate (which is still invalid in the browser, as it's self-signed).

Well, at the end of the day as I moved to our new home, I've deployed ME with 2 extra APs :-)
(and converted this AP to CAPWAP)

I had 2x2802i waiting for a long time, but I wasn't happy with the performances of file transfer. As I did review the entire network settings during the move, my guess is that ME was not really happy on a L3 switch (SG500). I switched back to L2 mode as I wasn't using it anyway and everything is working perfectly now. 

But maybe this perf issue was also related to buggy ME versions... :P

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

please also try

1. with other Browser (IE /FIrefox).

2. Reset Chrome/ Update to the newest version

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card