Views
Helpful
Replies

HTTPS issue on Aironet 2702i in autonomous mode

franckehret
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Since a couple of months (no real need the first I've seen this issue), I've noticed I could not connect to my Aironet 2702i in HTTPS.

It either shows on Chrome the NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID error in a loop mode (I can't continue to the website as I always did, it just comes back to the same state) or displays that I can't get access to the webpage on IE or Edge.

As a workarround I re-activated http and I could manage to update it to version ap3g2-k9w7-xx.153-3.JJ1 but this didn't solve anything. It is probably due to an outdated cypher or protocol.

Does anybody has a solution for that ? An even better option for me would be to be able to import a certificate from my own internal CA, but I already know there is no option in web GUI.

In advance, many thanks for your help !

3 Replies 3

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Don't use the webinterface :)
Never used it (before ME) and can't really help.

You can use to create a new certificate (make sure the clock is correct on the AP!!! use NTP):
crypto key generate rsa general-keys
Then reload the AP and I think it should use the new certificate (which is still invalid in the browser, as it's self-signed).

Well, at the end of the day as I moved to our new home, I've deployed ME with 2 extra APs :-)
(and converted this AP to CAPWAP)

I had 2x2802i waiting for a long time, but I wasn't happy with the performances of file transfer. As I did review the entire network settings during the move, my guess is that ME was not really happy on a L3 switch (SG500). I switched back to L2 mode as I wasn't using it anyway and everything is working perfectly now. 

But maybe this perf issue was also related to buggy ME versions... :P

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

please also try

1. with other Browser (IE /FIrefox).

2. Reset Chrome/ Update to the newest version

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card