cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

i want to disable all wlans that are not listed in our wlc fully block pls give me guidence on wlc

chetankumar1542
Level 1
Level 1
18 Replies 18

chetankumar1542
Level 1
Level 1
i want to block all the ssid and hotspots that are broadcast without my knowledge like personal mobile ,laptop hotspot's and i want to allow only those ssid that i made in our WLC WLAN section.

look at this discussion for a description what is and what is not possible.

look at this document under Rogue Detection – Configuration Steps for configuration steps needed.

and this document Rogue Management in an Unified Wireless Network

again be aware of legal implications

dennischolmes
Rising star
Re: WLC "rogue containment" - What does it actually do?

One other little tid bit I mentioned earlier. Do NOT contain local businesses that are not a direct threat to your network. This is a direct violation of the FCC good neighbor policy. When you send deauth packets all clients attached to the rogue get those and are dropped. Not just your clients. Contain with care my friend. If the local coffee shop is a problem then set your clients to only attach to a particular list of APs by mac address. This will keep them home where they need to stay and will not get the FCC and a bunch of lawyers on your case.

WE HAVE A GOVT APPROVAL FOR THIS SO I WANT ONLY MY 6 OR 7 SSID TO BE BROADCAST IN MY PREMISES KINDLY TELL THE PROCEDURE

look at this discussion for a description what is and what is not possible.
look at this document under Rogue Detection – Configuration Steps for configuration steps needed.
and this document Rogue Management in an Unified Wireless Network

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card