Views
Helpful
Replies

Install license to 2504 with HA SKU

Richard Imus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a 2504 with HA sku and doesn't have a purpose for it and now we're thinking of re-purposing it. My question is, is it possible to install an AP adder license to a 2504-HA and will the HA in the sku go away after? Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

yes you can convert.

Starting from SW version 7.6, you can convert HA SKU WLC to primary WLC by issuing the command "config redundancy unit primary" followed by adding licenses to this controller.

via GUI:

following this route: Controller> General> HA SKU secondary unit> Disable.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't see why not. You can convert non HA SKU WLCs to HA WLCs if they have 50 AP licences on them.

Might be best to email licensing@cisco.com and ask the question for a more definitive answer.

AS the 2504 is EOL I am not sure if you will even be able to purchase licences for it.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Just for info: 

Starting with 7.6, we can convert 2504 WLC to an HA SKU and vice versa. It does not need to have a minimum AP licenses. In that case you can use the one controller from the bundle to convert it in HA, under "Standby Controller Licensing":

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card