Views
Helpful
Replies

Intel Proset Wireless Software versus WZC

james_be_81
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

I was wondering if Cisco recommends to use Intel Proset Wireless software or WZC when using an Intel Wireless adapter to connect to Cisco WLAN's ?

Proset is certainly more advanced and has enterprise grade features but what about the perfomances?  Are there any differences ?

What do you guys prefer?

Best regards,

James

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would use almost anything over the WZC, which IMO is not a real supplicant.  The Intel ProSet is very flexible and allows for a greater control of the user experience than the WZC does.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hi Stephen,

I agree with you. Do you know if using Intel ProSet results it better performances ?

b.r.

James

James,

again, IMO, yes.  Intel ProSet gives much better performance.

HTH,

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the question as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

I agree with Steve. Our standard is the IntelProset. We have over 4000+ laptops on wifi and we manage them with the Intel. Although, we did have issues with the new Dells. From the factory the romaing was set to MAX from the factory. We needed to tune it down.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin