Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

interface groups/ap groups for flexconnect

Hi everyone,

I have issue about a SSID mapping multi vlan in flexconnnect mode.

I know there are some method for this:

1\AAA override

2\AP Groups

3\Interface Groups

(pelase tell me if it's wrong).

I want to confirm if  all these method can use for flexconnect to config one SSID mapping multi vlan. Could you help me to reslove this issue?

Thanks a lot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rps-Cheers | If it solves your problem, please mark as answer. Thanks !
2 Replies 2

Ric Beeching
Level 7
Level 7
If central switching you can override through AAA override and/or AP Groups and/or Local Profiling.
For local Flex switching you can change the default WLAN-VLAN Flex mapping or you can use aaa override based on a number of features. However, note that with FlexConnect you cannot return a VLAN value to the AP that doesn't already exist through a VLAN Template/VLAN Mapping to that AP so it is not 100% dynamic unfortunately.

Ric
-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts

HI Ric ;

Thanks for your repsonse!
As your meaning,we can use "AAA override"\"AP-Groups"\"interface-groups” to make one WLAN map multi vlan if WLAN is centrally switching.But in flexconnect mode,there are some limitation.For example,AAA override 's vlan must be exist in local LAN;for "interface-Groups”,we cannot do it,because we must enable vlan tag,so one WLAN can only map to one vlan.
AP-Groups,Flexconnect AP also support it,so can we create a few AP-Groups,eg:AP-G1、AP-G2 and AP-G3.Suppose we also create some dynamic-interface vlan11、vlan12 and vlan13.We can add AP1-3 to AP-G1 Goups,AP4-6 add to AP-G2,and AP7-9 add to AP-G3.Then,mapping WLAN 2 to interface vlan 11 in AP-G1,mapping WLAN 2 to interface vlan 12 in AP-G2 and mapping WLAN 2 to interface vlan 13 in AP-G3. I don't know whether it will do well.

Best Regards!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rps-Cheers | If it solves your problem, please mark as answer. Thanks !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card