Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intermittent wireless signal

Hi,

I have received a feedback from user that their signal is bad. Took an Fluke Aircheck and discover this. Been wondering, what is causing this kind of problem? The signal will go away for some times and come back. The reading is in front of the AP. AP Model is 1700 series.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please check this link-

http://www.seepoint.com/services-site-survey-and-installs.asp

Freerk Terpstra
Level 7
Level 7

The output of the fluke does not look right, I'm guessing that the access-point goes off channel or that there is some very strong interference going on. Is there any relevant logging in the WLC or on the console of the access-point?

Which version of code are you running on which kind of WLC?

On a side note: from the picture it looks like you place the access-point vertically on the wall which is wrong in this case. Please make sure that you place the access-point horizontal or use external antennas!

Hi Freerk,

I dont see any logging in WLC or the access point. Code that we are running is 8.0.115.0. I did open TAC case but they said nothing wrong with the AP since it is sending beacon every 100ms. I did not encounter this with other AP. Something is not right. 

Razmir,

Do you have RLDP enabled? Or any auto containment? 

What details can you provide about channel and RRM settings?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card