cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IR800 Plateform - Radio Frequency Band Select (Manually)

mbouchamekh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello;

I was trying to lock the radio frequency on IR809 and IR829 Routers following the instructions given under Section "Radio Frequency Band Select " in following link : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/800/829/software/configuration/guide/b_IR800config/b_cellular.html#id_80940

I realized that the option of band-select is not available :

Testrouter829(config)#controller cellular 0
Testrouter829(config-controller)#lte modem ?
  dm-log         Modem DM logging configuration
  link-recovery  Cellular Link Recovery
  svb-log        Modem SVB logging configuration

Testrouter829(config-controller)#lte modem

is the option hidden by certain user privilege level or just not available ?

ios : Version 15.7(3)M1

Modem Firmware Version = SWI9X30C_02.20.03.00

Thanks

5 Replies 5

svaldeza
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

The "Band Select" feature is not supported on IOS version 15.7, it is supported until IOS 15.8.

Greetings! 

Hi svaldeza,

With "it is supported until IOS 15.8" do you mean this feature is available starting from 15.8?

I'm also running 15.7(3)M1 on a 2921 with EHWIC-4G-LTE-AU (also running last available firmware for AU) and I have the same problem. I need to be able to select a specific LTE band.

ATM there's no 15.8 version available for 2921 models.

Is there another way to do this, via AT commands for example?

Cheers
Fed

svaldeza
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Fed,

The "Radio Frequency Band Select" feature is supported on IOS 15.8 versions or above.

Yes, It is possible to set the Band via AT commands however this is not supported by Cisco. You will need to check the AT commands required for the MC7304 modem (EHWIC-4G-LTE-AU) in order to set this.

Hi, just to confirm I have I took a 897 VAG router installed IOS 15.8(3)M3 and successfully tested manual band selection (which is actually band preference with a single band specified).

So the key is having a router belonging to 800, 900 or 1900 series and running IOS 15.8(3)M or later.

svaldeza
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Correct, as long as the IOS version is available for the platform then it is possible to select the band.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: