Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR 1100 access-point unable to locate WLC

Martin Jelinek
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I'd like to ask you if you know how behaves integrated access-point in Cisco ISR 1100 series? As far as I've read in documentation there is an access-point 1815i. 

What I'm not sure of, if there is ay difference how such access-point perform discovery process to locate WLC to associate with.

It is not that easy in my case, because on this ISR router, I'm running also Zone Base Firewall (ZBF). However I doubt it is a root cause for discovery process to fail to locate WLC. Reason is that router interfaces are part of Self zone and it might be that access-point is even that dedicated so not even participating with ZBF (not sure).

Based on logs in console I see:

[*10/07/2018 00:24:14.9799] Waiting for uplink IPv4 configuration
[*10/07/2018 00:24:15.9799] Resetting wired0 and restart DHCP client
[*10/07/2018 00:24:22.1199] Waiting for uplink IPv4 configuration

After some time AP restart and start loading Controller on itself. But I need it as lighweithed access-point.

Which means is unable to utilize DHCP to receive proper network settings. Before I jump into more deeper troubleshooting, is there anything special I need to be aware of about this integrated access-point in ISR router?

Any recommendation are appreaciated.

Thanks for hints!

Martin

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card