Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR 1109 Workgroup Bridge/Universal Client Mode

Smith1
Level 1
Level 1

Afternoon,

Can anyone tell me if the ISR 1109 supports either the Workgroup Bridge or Universal Client modes of operation? All the documentation I have read on both configurations appear to reference a dot11radio interface, which the 1109 doesn't appear to have, at least not in that format.

If it does support either of these modes, or something similar, can anyone point me in the direction of some suitable documentation?

Many thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I do not think it will support WGB mode. As per below, it can only operate in CAPWAP mode or Mobility Express mode AP.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/1100/software/configuration/xe-16-7/cisco_1100_series_swcfg_xe_16_7_x/cisco_1100_series_swcfg_chapter_01010.html#concept_xzr_ctm_1bb 

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

I do not think it will support WGB mode. As per below, it can only operate in CAPWAP mode or Mobility Express mode AP.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/1100/software/configuration/xe-16-7/cisco_1100_series_swcfg_xe_16_7_x/cisco_1100_series_swcfg_chapter_01010.html#concept_xzr_ctm_1bb 

HTH

Rasika

Many thanks for the response, we are trying to use the 1109 to act as a simple Wi-Fi extender, allowing wired clients behind it to access a Hotel or SOHO W-Fi network to gain internet access. Is the 1109 capable of this? If so, is there any documentation anywhere?

As long as you have a wireless controller, you can get that 1109 integrated AP to register with that controller, so it will work as any other AP. So this will allow your wireless client to connect to AP and then back to your WLC/Network.

This will not help your wired clients though. Your 1109 Router should connect via WAN connectivity (Ethernet,4G/LTE), cannot backhaul using WiFi over integrated AP as it only supports ME/CAPWAP mode.

HTH

Rasika

Rasika, Thanks very much for your answers
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: