Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with channel allocation and power AP 2802 in WLC 5520

I have the following problem, I have 2 WLC 5520 in HA, with Access Point 2702i and 2802E, of which the APs 2802E are always kept at the maximum power, and APs that are side by side are in the same channel, being much co-channel interference.

The OS version of the WLC is 8.2.111.0

I hope you can help me. Greetings.

5 Replies 5

As you mentioned high power is configured on all the APs, is it manually configured on each and every AP? 

Check out the Best practices Cisco WLC try to make the radio configurations as recommended and see if that help for you.

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

The document of best practices had already been applied at the time of the presentation of the failure, but still continues with the same problem.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I would recommend upgrading the firmware of the controller first.

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Couple of things to check:

Has the 2802 converted to static power - i have seen this before

What antennas are connected to the 2802E

Recommend looking at upgrading the WLC version:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/wireless-lan-controller-software/200046-tac-recommended-aireos.html

Also has a site survey been conducted to ensure that APs are not too close to each other

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Has the 2802 converted to static power - i have seen this before
It's complicated, since there are 78 access points installed in a warehouse that contains food products.

Also has a site survey been conducted to ensure that APs are not too close to each other
The access points are at an approximate distance between 20 and 25 meters, at a height of 15 meters. and the site survey gives me that the levels of power with very high levels (all APs in 1) and the RRM does not make any modification, but this only happens with the model 2802, since with the model 2702 that is in the same WLC does not have that problem

Regards
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: