Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with Heatmap in Prime 1.3

Willem de Groot
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

My Prime Maps does not show a heatmap for one of 3 new Access Points.
I deleted the AP from the map and replaced it once but still no heatmap.
The AP is active. In the heatmap settings, the AP is selected as well.

Anybody any idea whats wrong here?

Thanks
Willem

8 Replies 8

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you click on the accesspoint, are the interfaces active?

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Also in prime, you have to make sure your only looking at 2.4ghz or 5ghz. If you select both, heat map will not be generated.  I'm also assuming that your environment is up and running fine and you have clients associated to the wireless. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi All, The AP is working, there are no clients in the moment but there where client in the past connected. Other AP's on the same map do show "heat" signal.
In AP Settings, only b/g/n is selected.
there are 5 AP's on this map.
Load Status windows says:

Done loading 5 APs
Done Loading Heatmaps

Even disable the AP from the heatmap and enable it again will not show the heat for this AP.

ok, lunchtime is over, there are some users connected now but still no heatsignal

Can you post a screen shot. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

I Found the solution:
The Floor is 10 meters high, the AP is set to the hight of 10 meters. Antenna Type is set to AIR-ANT2566P4W.
Solution: set the hight of the AP to 3 meters and than you have a heatmap (not higher that 5 meters).

thanks for your help

Willem

Willem de Groot
Level 1
Level 1

ok, Found the solution.
The Floor is 10 meters high, the AP is set to the hight of 10 meters. Antenna Type is set to AIR-ANT2566P4W.
Solution: set the hight of the AP to 3 meters and than you have a heatmap (not higher that 5 meters).

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to activate the feature on the interface basis on the intercae where you want to generate heat-maps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: