Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with 2nd VLAN on WLC 4408

nix-patheon
Level 1
Level 1

HI all,

I have been experiencing issues trying to connect to other devices outside of the vlan defined on the controller. I have the following set up on the controller:

Interfaces:

Name          VLAN ID          IP Address          Interface Type          Dynamic AP Management

ap-manager     100              192.168.100.12         Static               Enabled

int_vlan10        10               192.168.8.3               Dynamic          Disabled

int_vlan20        20               10.201.24.3               Dynamic          Disabled

management    100             192.168.100.11          Static              

service-port                         192.168.1.1

virtual                                 1.1.1.1

VLAN 10 connects through a fibre switch to an ADSL router and works ok, VLAN 20 connects directly to an access port on my core switch. I can ping anything within the subnet (actually only the wlc and core routed interfaces) of VLAN 20 but not outside (I want to authenticate WLAN users against an LDAP server which is directly connected to the core also). There are no ACL's on either the wlc or the core switch. Controller is LAG mode, and I have defined the specific interface for the SSID.

I would really appreciate any suggestions on why it's no working.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Illsley
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

The controller is in LAG mode, you need to remove this so the controller doesn;t try to aggregate the connections.

Once you have done this you can assign VLAN interfaces to the port.

Thanks

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Illsley
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

The controller is in LAG mode, you need to remove this so the controller doesn;t try to aggregate the connections.

Once you have done this you can assign VLAN interfaces to the port.

Thanks

Chris

Thanks Chris. You are the man!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card