cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IW3700 Power Options

Darren Roback
Level 5
Level 5

I'm reading that the power adapter for the IW3700 is CAB-PWR-M12-10 but I haven't found much information on it. I'm assuming it's an M12 connection on one end and a NEMA 5-15P on the other?

Also, is there a streetlight power kit available for the IW3700 similar to the AIR-PWR-ST-LT-R3P and AIR-PWRADPT-1530 available for the 1530 series APs?

Thanks,

Darren

5 Replies 5

rmim
Level 4
Level 4

Darren,

CAB-PWR-M12-10 is an M12 DC power cable; it has an M12 connector on one end and a pigtail on the other.  You can find details about it in the backup section of the IW3700 product presentation: http://wwwin-dev.cisco.com/tech/products/IW3700/#tab1=0&tab=0&tab2=0.

We don't currently offer a streetlight power kit for the IW3700 but will be adding an IP66 PoE+ injector.

Thanks Reiner. So what would the pigtail connect to (assuming an AC/DC converter as DC power is our only option on the IW3700). I'm unable to open the link to the product presentation.

Darren, typically a DC terminal block or an AC/DC converter. If the PoE output of the IW3700 is not needed for the application, then there is also the option of powering it using PoE+ or PoE instead of using DC.  My apologies, the link I forwarded you earlier is for internal use only.  Here is a link to our external page: Cisco Industrial Wireless 3700 Series - Data Sheets and Literature - Cisco.

Thanks,

Reiner

Would love to see an AC/DC adapter option for the IW3700 similar to that for the 1530 (AIR-PWRADPT-1530) as we're positioning this as an 802.11ac replacement for the 1530. Appreciate the info!

Darren

Any IW3700 design guide you are aware of yet?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card