Views
Helpful
Replies

Joining AIR-CAP-2602-E2-K9 to WLC 2504

3moloz123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just received a 2504 WLC and a few AIR-CAP2602-E2-K9 APs. I resetted the WLC and have that up now, reachable using the first network port.

In port 3, the first PoE, I have one of the access points. I can't see it in the WLC admin gui, Im guessing I must config the network port of the wlc and on the AP manually choose to join the WLC or such. The AP also has some old password so that need to be resetted.

Can anyone direct me to documentation for resetting an AP & joining an AP in a WLC?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi ,

Best is to have AP connedcted tos wicth port not directly to WLC.

1. Connect AP to switch port.

2. Create a DHCP pool for AP to get IP on switch(Try to keep in same subnet as WLC)

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

I have one AP joined now - thanks. It gets an address from the dhcp server in the management network. I setup one WLAN using wpa2 PSK method. When a client connects, it doesn't get any ip. Im guessing the SSID/WLAN in question must be tied to either some tagged vlan, or simply to the untagged mgmt vlan that the APs sit on. Please advise!

The ap:

ap#show ip interface 

BVI1 is up, line protocol is up

Internet address is 10.99.0.250/24

Broadcast address is 255.255.255.255

My workstation can reach it:

$ ping 10.99.0.250

PING 10.99.0.250 (10.99.0.250): 56 data bytes

64 bytes from 10.99.0.250: icmp_seq=0 ttl=255 time=2.941 ms

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I setup one WLAN using wpa2 PSK method. When a client connects, it doesn't get any ip.

This WLAN is mapped to whcih interface ??(Management or on any other dynamic interface ?)

Try to create a another dynamic interface in sepearte vlan then map this dynamic interafce to wyour WLAN.

Make sure you allow this wlan to wlc connected port on switch.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: