Views
Helpful
Replies

LAP's loose connectivity to WLC

atotounji
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an enterprise wireless solution with three WLC's in the corp office and about 160 LAP's around the US. The sites are connected via MPLS network. The issue is everytime the MPLS is down, some of the LAP's looses the connection to the WLC and will not establish the connection back again when the MPLS is back up and running. I have to manually reboot the LAP's to re-connect back with the WLC.

Any feed back is so appreciated.

Regards,

Ayman

10 Replies 10

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ayman,

Can you please provide the wlc model, ap model an wlc code you are running. It might help if others have the same setup.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you Scott for your reply. Here is the info you requested.

WLC Model:  AIR-CT5508-K9

AP Model: AIR-CAP3502I-A-K9

Code Version: 7.0.116.0

Let me know if you need any further info.

Regards,

Upgrade your code to either 7.0.235.0 or 7.2.X and try again.

hello

have you confiugred controller info. in ap high availability as a primary controller.

if not configure it this may helpful for you.

thanks

Yes, All AP's are configured with primary and secondary controller. The weird thing is that not all AP's behave the same, some of them do re-associate with the controller and other won't.

Regards,

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

once the mpls come up does the ap switch from standalone to connected mode/trying to join the wlc. do you've log/debug to see the same.

check the deployment guide for the hreap requirement across wan.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10315/products_tech_note09186a0080736123.shtml#Design

Config T
Level 1
Level 1

Does the problem stick with the same APs each time or is it random? When the problem occurs, can you reach the APs by IP?

I haven't really paid attention whether the problem sticks to the same AP. I will watch it. The AP is reachable when this occurs as I do see it thru the switch that connected to it with a valid IP address.

Regards,

Config T
Level 1
Level 1

Any chance your problems are the result of high latency caused by a back log of traffic? HREAP APs won't associate if latency is above a certain threshold.

Good question! I have checked for latency but the MPLS bandwidth shows enough bandwidth and no latency. I am in process of upgrading the code to 7.2.110 and I will update the ticket later on.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: