Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Situation:

- WLC 5508 running 8.6.161.4

- mix of 2602i and 2702i accesspoints

Problem:

Most of the (laptop) clients work OK on both types of AP's

However, there is 1 laptop that only gets full IP connectivity when connected to the 2602i AP

When this laptop connects to the 2702i AP, there is IP connectivity, but only between the AP and the laptop!  The laptop can NOT reach anything else, not even the gateway.

Disabling the 2702i AP makes the laptop roam to the 2602i AP , and the full IP connectity is back again.

Does this ring any bell to someone ?

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Make sure the laptop has a recent OS and up to date drivers  for the wireless NIC.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If there are other devices of the same type that is working fine, then the issue is most likely with the device. Like what was mentions, its probably an OS or NIC driver issue, nothing with the wireless system. Keep in ming that a mix of 802.11n and 802.11ac, might introduce coverage issues. Newer devices might prefer connecting to the 2702's rather than the 2602's.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the input!

The WLC was upgraded some time ago to 8.5.161.4 because of this issue:

CSCvo28124 - Local switching WLANs is changed to central switching in some scenarios

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
If you don't use AP groups, meaning that all APs are configured the same, I suspect a driver issue on the client(s).

jesse7Tzz
Level 1
Level 1

A friend of mine was telling about such difficulties as well. But it's become resolved after he has upgraded all the drivers. Some people say that such problems can be caused by hardware of laptop itself, and talking of which, if you need a new one - here is you can look at Laptop Buying Guides to understand what differences do they have, one from another. So in that way - you will know how to choose the most perfect one, for your needs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: