Views
Helpful
Replies

Lightweight AP, 1242 AG, Site Survey How To

mike0000111111
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Experts:

I'd like to perform a site survey with my 1242 AG lightweight AP's.  However, I am not able to do this while having them connected to the controller.  How do I turn these AP's on and test signal strength?  I'm putting these in a small manufacturing facility.

1. I've seen this solution: Download an autonomous image for the AP, install it, configure autonomous AP.
    1. If this is the recommended route, how then do I get this image if I purchased this hardware second-hand?
    2. Is there a step-by-step guide you would recommend for installing the autonomous image?  (I have found a couple, but maybe you know a better one?)
    3. When the autonomous AP is reconnected to the controller, can I have it download it's previous lightweight image automatically?
  2. What free site survey utility would you use?  Cisco's?

Thank you for your time,

Mike 

P.S.  I don't know what version of Cisco iOS my lightweight AP's are using presently.  I can update tomorrow...

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: