Views
Helpful
Replies

Limited connectivity issue

akash04lingam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

users are getting Limited  connectiity are message while connecting to wireless network. I am seeing user are able to aunthenticate but IP address are not getting from DHCP server, It is H-Reap solution setup. Please let me if you have aany idea on this

Thanks

Shrinivas.K

11 Replies 11

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How about checking the DHCP process ?What and where is your DHCP server ?

Are discover packets reaching your dhcp server ?

Nicolas

Yes it is, from AP packet are reaching to DHCP server, the DHCP server is in remote local ....& without h-reap, user are getting IP from DHCP.  The same DHCP server is configured in exiting controller & it is working fine also.

When you enable H-REAP are you mapping the SSIDs to the correct vlan?

Is the remote switchport configure for that vlan?

Yes, it is correct Vlan mapped in WLAN & switch...

JohnHeller_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Maybe you can tell us what models of cisco hardware you are using, and post some configs.

That should enable the CSC community to help you out.

Regards,

John.

AP model - AIR-LAP1142N-E-K9 using Software Version 6.0.196.0 & on WISM controller as well.

It is H-Reap solution setup & it is working successfully but now suddenly users are facing Limited connectivity error message while connecting some particular Access points in the different locations. But users are able to connect the other AP's in the same locations.

Analysis Summary:

1.       Single strength good enough.

2.       Tested with different make laptops, & even updated the wireless LAN driver in one of the Laptop & tested. But same problem.

3.       We have reapplied the controller templates again to the particular AP from WCS &  hard rested the AP but didn't helped,

4.       From particluar AP, DHCP server is pinging without any problem.

4.       As per our analysis users are authenticating but there is no DHCP interaction.

Switch config: The trunk is enabled.

Interface Fa0/3

switchport trunk native vlan 20

switchport trunk allowed vlan 20

switchport mode trunk

Thanks

Shrinivas.K

DHCP server is in which subnet??

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

I did'nt get you...

run debug client please

Yes,its alreday done on clinet side "netsh ras set tracing * enable' but the logs files does not show anything special, other than successful association and authentication

I mean run debugs on the WLC...

"debug client xx:xx:xx:xx:xx"

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card