Views
Helpful
Replies

Location Service & CAS/wIPS in a MSE VA

Roland0Ruiz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a MSE virtual appliance and i need to configure Location Service and CAS / wIPS.

¿Is it necesary to deploy 2 MSE to have those mobility services?

I read two notes about this configuration that confuse me.

Thks!!!

Rolando

4 Replies 4

luhuang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Rolando,

It depends on what type of wIPS and CAS licenses you have. CAS and wIPS could be co-located on the same MSE. Only case you might want to separate them is due to the scalablity requirement.

HTH,

Lucy

Hi Lucy,

If i correctly understand you, only need a MSE Virtual appliance to have CAS and wIPS...

I read this note, in another discusion:

"With MSE 6.0 and later, you can enable multiple services (Context Aware and wIPS) to run concurrently".

Now i understand this part, but i have another question ... what about with Location Analytics?  Can i use it in the same MSE?

Thks!!

Rolando

Hi Rolando,

Yes if you want to  do Location Analytics on the same MSE you can.  you will however need an advanced location license.

You can either buy one or upgrade your existing standard location license.

This is the Cisco Mobility Services Engine Ordering and Licensing Guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps9733/ps9742/data_sheet_c07-473865.html

Good luck!

Mark

@MarkJulier

Hi Mark,

I have a MSE Virtual Appliance and this kind of licensence is included... pls check the note:

"Ordering Software Support for Virtual Appliances

The virtual appliance is available with a special support package that provides cost-effective technical support regardless of the number of Cisco MSE software licenses deployed. With a single support contract on the virtual Cisco MSE appliance, users can access support for all their Cisco MSE Location Services and Adaptive wIPS software licenses. The more licenses, the more savings. Simply order a virtual support contract, and you are covered. (See Table 2.) "

If the problem were about licencens... i think that i can to run Location Analytics, wIPS & CAS over my MSE Virtual App .

¿am i right?

Thks!!!

Rolando.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card