cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LWAP: backup software

gavin han
Level 1
Level 1

LWAP in the WLC shows up with primary SW Version (7.2.110.0) and Backup SW Version (7.2.103.0).

what is a purpose of each software image? if backup SW version isn't upto date (i.e. what would happen if backup SW version is say 7.0.116.0). will there be any issues if AP reboots?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the backup image, is simply the last image you upgraded from.

If the AP reboots, it won't be an issue, as the backup is not used, unless you tell the WLC to boot from the backup to rollback to the previous code version

HTH,
Steve

-----------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you Stephen. we upgrade WLC s/w from 7.0.116.0 to 7.2.110.0.

after the upgrade AP had primary image as 7.2.110.0 and backup as 7.0.116.0. AP rebooted and its config was changed to default (all flexconnect config was gone). I had to manually upgrade backup image and that backup image upgraded to

What could have been a problem here? would this have happened because backup image was 7.0.116.0?

The backup image shouldn't have caused that. Even a reboot shouldn't.

I've seen that happen if the AP joined a WLC that had a different config or the WLAN not in the same order.

If it happens again you might want to get a a TAC case opened.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: