cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LWAP to Autonomous

ejlbarcelon
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new CAP-3500 series access point and i need to convert it to autonomous since my controller has not yet arrived.

i know for the fact that it can be done on 1200 and 1100 series AP but i am not sure if it is still possible with newer model APs.

I cannot find a document saying that it is also working for these new AP models.

Please help. Thanks!

18 Replies 18

what exactly part of the 802.1q you seem to found as a potential bug? as for now we are using single VLAN for the AP.

Well, I've upgraded a few of our 1140 from 12.4(25d)JA to 15.2(2)JA.  As soon as the WAP boots up, you can't remote into it.  You can see the details in CDP just fine.

The only way back into the WAP is to change the switch port's Native VLAN value to the value of the management VLAN.

Downgraded the IOS and it works just fine.

I think I've also ran into this, got 2 SSIDs running on different vlans (v140 & 150) and a management vlan (v110) setup. upgraded from 12.4 to 15.2 and although clients can still connect management access has died other than a direct telnet off the switch or an access port set to the management vlan (v110).

Cisco re-released an updated code and ends with JB.  This should fix the problem.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card