cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LWAPPS not registering with controller, but are up and pingable

Colin Higgins
Level 2
Level 2

I have a 4400 series controller running 5.9.193 code. In the last few days, 50% of my access-points no longer appear in the controller, even though I can ping the access-points from the controller. I can see the APs in CDP on the switches

I have tried rebooting the controller, but it has made matter worse. Has anyone seen this? What could be the issue?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Colin Higgins wrote:

thing is completely end-of-life and they never replaced it

Consider yourselves lucky the network hasn't been audited (yet).  

The security vulnerabilities found in 5.X.X.X are as long as an Asian take-away menu with an added bonus of "exploited in the wild".  

Reach out to your Cisco AM/SE.  There are a number of US counties- and state government that are experiencing hacking/ransomware attack (latest one is the state of Louisiana).  

The controller should never be running 5.X.X.X.

If this is a 4400, how many APs is this controller hosting?  The latest Mobility Express can turn an AP into a mini-WLC and can host 50- or 100 APs.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would never have thought there are still controllers running on 5.X.X.X (because they were buggy as f*ck!).  

Field Notice: FN - 63942 - Wireless Lightweight Access Points and WLAN Controllers Fail to Create CAPWAP/LWAPP Connections Due to Certificate Expiration

welcome to state government

and it is mission-critical

@Colin Higgins wrote:

Consider yourselves lucky the network hasn't been audited (yet).  

The security vulnerabilities found in 5.X.X.X are as long as an Asian take-away menu with an added bonus of "exploited in the wild".  

Reach out to your Cisco AM/SE.  There are a number of US counties- and state government that are experiencing hacking/ransomware attack (latest one is the state of Louisiana).  

The controller should never be running 5.X.X.X.

If this is a 4400, how many APs is this controller hosting?  The latest Mobility Express can turn an AP into a mini-WLC and can host 50- or 100 APs.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card