Views
Helpful
Replies

MAC Flapping when wireless roaming in between Cisco Access Point

Lee Win Neng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, 

I am currently facing some issue of "%MAC_MOVE-SW1-4-NOTIF: Host e470.b827.56aa" in vlan 256 is flapping between port Po312 and port Po309" which Po312 and Po309 was connected to wireless access point and vlan 256 was user segment. I had found from the online forums that this issue was causing due to the endpoints was roaming between wireless access point that connected on the different switchport. 

Kindly need some advice on the issue of "%MAC_MOVE-SW1-4-NOTIF: Host e470.b827.56aa" on how can I resolved this issue or disable the error message.

Thank you for your kind help.

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Whilst it also depends on the further layout of the Wifi infrastructure such as controller based using port channels and redundancy (or not); this message can be ignored.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
This is a "normal" message if you use more than one WLC and have the APs split to those WLCs. If a user is now roaming from AP1 (connected to WLC1) to AP2 (connected to WLC2) and back to AP1, then this message appears. I suggest you connect the APs of a building all to the same WLC, to get rid of this message.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card