cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Management interface in same subnet for mobility group controllers?

pcdap
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco says, in the config guide for 7.0:

"It is recommended that all controllers in the mobility group should have the management interface in the same subnet."

What are the reasons for this and what are the ramifications if we cannot do this?

Thanks.

Debbi

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Honestly, I couldn't tell you.  I've seen plenty of networks that have the WLC on different subnets, especially if they run different subnets in different buidlings, at it works fine.

I think the important part of that note is the second part.

A topology where one controller's management interface and other controller's dynamic interface are on same subnet not recommended for seamless mobility.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

harish_chopra1
Level 1
Level 1

If we keep the mang intf in the same subnet, I think tht will Jst keep them local for roaming.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

For roaming the client MSCB entry being moved or anchored is based in the client interface/IP/subnet not the management interface.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Just wanted to ask a question here, I have read the maximum number of EoIP sessions supported by the WLC is 40, has any faced issues with this maximum numbers, wanted to know how the WLC behaves if the number is exceeded

Thanks

NikhiL

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card