Views
Helpful
Replies

ME 8.5.140.0 - Clients loose connection to default gateway

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello All

I currently have an 2802i running ME 8.5.140.0 at home for testing. It working mostly fine, but has one very weird issue. 

Attached are around 19 clients in the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands. There is 1 SSID. The AP is attached to an unmanaged switch and the router is also attached to that switch.

I have a Netgear R7000 router at home, in Bridge mode, with a few wired clients attached to it. That bridge is also connected to the SSID.

Now to the weird part, if a second device attached to the bridge boots up and does DHCP, all clients, regardless 2.4 or 5 GHz, loose the connection to the router! 

When that happens (which is every time a second client attached to the bridge boots), I can still access the ME over wireless and the ME can even ping the gateway, but no to the SSID attached client is able to ping it. After 2-5 Minutes all clients can reach the gateway again, I think they all do a fresh association. The clients keep being associated when looking at the wireless icon.

Attached is the SSID configuration, a debug of the affected client (it started to work again just after I started the debug). 

I assume I'm hitting some weird bug here, but I'm not sure.

Thanks

Patrick

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card