cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mesh Wireless Verification Help

WGL_BK
Level 1
Level 1

We have two AIR-AP1562I-B-K9 APs forming a wireless bridge between two offices. This functioned normally until today. Is there any command that we can run at the Root AP to confirm whether or not it's seeing CAPWAP discovery traffic from the Mesh AP?

The mesh AP is currently unable to get to the gateway but that's only available via the wireless bridge that it's supposed to be forming. Wireless isn't my forte really so any help would be greatly appreciated.

show mesh status
Mesh Status: Enabled
Running as: Mesh AP
AP is in: Abandoned Mode
Gateway is:  NOT REACHABLE
Uplink Not Valid
Distance Vector Info:
Hops to root: 0
Ease to root: 0

Mesh Capwap Status:
Link State   :Discovery
State        :CAPWAP_DISCOVERY
Standalone   :False
Joined Once  :False
Skip Cleanup :True

Path Control Registration status
Role Reg-State Clock-Ticks
Root      ROOT         111
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Have you tried rebooting both?
You might want to save the configuration first, in case that hasn't been done since setup.

For debugging capwap, try "debug capwap ?". I don't have a mesh setup, so I can't test.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Have you tried rebooting both?
You might want to save the configuration first, in case that hasn't been done since setup.

For debugging capwap, try "debug capwap ?". I don't have a mesh setup, so I can't test.

Thank you for your quick reply. I've been trying to avoid rebooting both in hopes of getting an understanding of the issue(s) behind the failure. I will try to run that debug command at the Root AP to see if it offers any insight and then try a reboot of the RAP. I've already rebooted the MAP multiple times.

Rebooting the RAP fixed it, and I have no idea why. Thanks.

Could be a software bug. If it happens regularly, then I would suggest to upgrade to a newer software version.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card