cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mesh with Vlan configuration

info
Level 1
Level 1

I can not manage the access point AIR1532E (AP1 configured as Mesh rootap) connected on a tagged Vlan port (of switch B)

from controller AIR-CT2504 connected on a tagged Vlan of another switch (A) port.

If i connect the mesh AP to a controller port, everithing works fine

See the attach pdf

thanks Francesco

3 Replies 3

Access Point Roles

Access points within a mesh network operate as either a root access point (RAP) or a mesh access point (MAP).
RAPs have wired connections to their controller, and MAPs have wireless connections to their controller.
MAPs communicate among themselves and back to the RAP using wireless connections over the 802.11a radio backhaul. MAPs use the Cisco Adaptive Wireless Path Protocol (AWPP) to determine the best path through the other mesh access points to the controller.

Please go through the below link for more information about the Controlling Mesh Access Points

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/5-2/configuration/guide/Controller52CG/c52mesh.html#wp1064295

I explain you my problems:

AP1 is in mesh configuration (RAP), AP3 e AP4 are MAP.

The Controller is connected a tagged port to the switch A, this port is tagged with VLAN 50(management) and VLAN 30.

The AP1 is configured in mesh mode, and it is connected to a tagged port on the switch B. This port is tagged with VLA 30 and VLA 50.

With this configuration the controller das not discover AP1. If I connect the AP1 directly to the controller port it work fine…..

What is wrong in the configuration…??

sobhardw
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please refer to the below link :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/5-2/configuration/guide/Controller52CG/c52mesh.html#wp1452057

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card