Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate 4402 config to 2504

robinwenham
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

I understand that it is not possible to simply upload a 4400-series config file to a 2504 (worked OK 4400 to 5508 but that's another story): I've also tried it and failed.

But does anyone have any suggestions for migrating the 378 filter MAC addresses and 30-odd guest user accounts: I really don't relish typing them all in again?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

PETER MOOREY
Level 1
Level 1

Export the current configuration from the 4400 by issuing 'show run-config commands', look for the Guest user accounts, and MAC filters.  Then create a mac filter and Guest user on the new 2504 WLC, export the configuration and check the syntax is the same, if not adjust the syntax of the configuration from the 4400 to suit the 2504, and then paste the commands into the 2504.

In summary, you don't need to import the whole configuration, just identify the commands you are interested in, check the syntax is still valid in 2504 and paste only those particular commands into the WLC.

Hope this helps,

Pete.

Yes, I see what you mean.

After writing this it also occured to me that I could try downloading the config file from both machines and transferring the appropriate sections from the 4400 config to the 2504 config before uploading it again.

Thanks for your reply

Great! Please mark the question as answered if that is the case.

Thanks

Pete.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card