Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobililty Group

john smith
Level 1
Level 1

dear friends,

i have 4 wisms (8 controllers) installed on two distribution switches(6509) and 2 wisms on each chassis and both Distributions have VSL link to each other.

i know in one mobility group we can have 24 controllers

but i want to know in this kind of network senario what is the best practice for me to configure my 8 controllers?

shall i configure all 8 contrls in one mobility group?

OR shall i configure 4 contrls from one distribution in one mobility groups like ( group1)

and for the othe 8 contrls from the other distibution in another mobility group like (group2)

what ia the best practice in my senario please advise?

many thanks you in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

BRYN JONES
Level 1
Level 1

There is a Cisco FAQ for this issue:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_qanda_item09186a00809a30cc.shtml

We have a similar set up and use the same mobility group across all controllers on all switches as otherwise we would not be able to build in resilience for our AP.

AP will only be able to fail over to another secondary controller in the same mobility group, so if we lose one data centre, the 6509 in another data centre can take over the AP because the mobility group is the same across the whole business

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

BRYN JONES
Level 1
Level 1

There is a Cisco FAQ for this issue:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_qanda_item09186a00809a30cc.shtml

We have a similar set up and use the same mobility group across all controllers on all switches as otherwise we would not be able to build in resilience for our AP.

AP will only be able to fail over to another secondary controller in the same mobility group, so if we lose one data centre, the 6509 in another data centre can take over the AP because the mobility group is the same across the whole business

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card