Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Anchor and RADIUS

terrywatson651
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am looking to advertise a number of wireless profiles for an organisation that has a presence on our campus.  I will use our APs to do this and then run Foreign/Anchor set up for each profile so that clients of these profiles break out onto the other parties network.  One of these profiles will use EAP-PEAP.

My question is, will all the RADIUS transactions take place within the EoIP tunnel, i.e. mediated by the Anchor, or will they be mediated by the Foreign WLC.  This is important when it comes to opening ports on the firewall that will be running a VPN between sites.

Regards

Terry

2 Replies 2

Hi

Anchor WLC is responsible to handle RADIUS requests and response when on this scenario. Foreign will handle RADIUS to those profiles that is not tunneled back to the Anchor.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Hi Flavio

I thought that's how it worked, just wanted to be sure.  Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Kind Regards

Terry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: