cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility express - 3802i AP - power 25.8W

3xIT
Level 1
Level 1

We bought Cisco 3560-CX-PC-S and ten 3802i AP. The plan is to install nine APs and one to have as a backup. Until a couple of hours I didn't know that our switch is maximum 240 W so basically that means that we can connect only 8 APs on full power. Also, I have found somewhere that AP will also work with 25.8 W so I have made power inline static max 25800 on each port and with this, I can connect 9 APs. 

My question is, could I experience some problems because making lower power? I have read that USB will not work but I don't need it.

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

pieterh
VIP
VIP

according to this thread 

The minimum power requirement for the 3802 APs is 25watts, you can plug additional accessories into the 3802 like the Halo antennas that will require additional power.  if you are going to use the standard AP with out any additional add-ons the 25 watts will work fine

sudhir.gupta1
Level 1
Level 1
If AP receive low power then AP will have Broadcasting Issues. or some time you will not able to see the SSID, on and off.

Rgds/Sudhir

True! I have found some problems and then moved one AP to PoE+ power adapter. Now it looks okay.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card