Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Express and Capwap

JAYESH RAMAIYA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a question regarding Mobility Express and Capwap. 

We have 600 2802i AP's which are mobilty express by default as we have numerous sites sceduled for AP installation. The 2802 AP's need to be changed to run Capwap and I have completed about 160 and these have been fitted and installed in a new office building. I have 440 left, however the 440 AP's are currently in a warehouse and I have been asked to visit the warehouse and change these to Capwap so that they can go directly to the location. 

My question is, is it possible to keep 1 AP running as a Mobility Express, Connect the other AP's to this and run the capwap command and push this out to the other AP's

Regards

Jay

1 Reply 1

Hi Jayesh,

Am assuming that you are converting the AP form ME to CAPWAP using the command  (Cisco Controller) > config ap unifiedmode <switch_name> <switch_ip_address> . They way you are mentioning is also will take time to convert the APs.

why can't you check with your vendor for replacing all those APs with CAPWAP Image? So that they will deliver the AP with CAPWAP code. So your deployment will become easy. 

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card