Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Express Constantly Logging out of GUI

marcfuchsschedl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am having issues staying logged into Mobility Express control panel. All works fine till I try to make changes then it logs me out!

Any ideas. I have tried various clients ie IE, Mozzilla etc etc.

PS I have no issue if I log in using my old XP machine and any web browser! Makes me think this is another Microsoft Issue, but I cannot find a solution!

13 Replies 13

erikstevens
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever find a fix to this problem? I have this issue as well and it drives me crazy!

I believe it is an issue with Mobility Express and compatibility with newer versions of Java. I would love to upgrade my mobility express software to see if there is a fix, but cisco won't let me upgrade without a service contract. 

These frustrations are enough to make me stop using all cisco products. I've been in business IT for 10 years and have seen Cisco products getting harder and harder to use every year, due to more restrictions, EOL issues, and lack of compatibilty. 

Can somebody at cisco respond to this? My 1850 AP's are nearly unusable. The only way for me to get GUI access to work is by accessing it on on a machine running Server 2008. Why won't modern machines connect to the ME GUI ?! Please fix this!

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Which software version you are running on ME AP?

Did you try to upgrade it?

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

I'm running 8.5.131.0.

Like I said before, I would love to update the firmware, but Cisco won't let me do that without a service contract. So I'm stuck with broken software. It's ludicrous.

Please ask your suuplier to provide the stable SW version.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts 

Have a look here and read the part about "Customers without service contract": https://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20191016-wlc-ssh-dos

Thanks for the replies. I have already looked at that. The last time I called Cicso about this, they simply told me that there was nothing they could do for me without a service contract. I'm guessing that means I am running *a* stable version? How am I supposed to know? 

I can call Cisco support again, but frankly, I'm tired of wasting my time doing that. And I doubt they will give me a different answer this time. 

You need to point out the security update, that's the important part.

I have the same issue and I upgraded ME IOS, current version is 8.5.151.0, need help in this regard.

Good day ,

did you have the solution on this issue of keeps logging out?

nliakopoulos
Level 1
Level 1

Do we have any update on this issue ?

Our IT staff is complaining about this logout phenomenon.

Eventually this mobility express setup is not that good.

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Mobility Express is as good as dead, there will probably come one more update in some months, but that will be the end of the development of this product.

hi @patoberli , its strangeabout this issue the keeps logging out on any browser when trying to click some tabs.

but when I tried to used my mobile device and access the gui smoothly..

What shall I say, this product was more or less killed by Cisco and they only fix the worst of the bugs. Sadly GUI issues rarely belong to those.

Then again, I do use one running 8.10.185.0 and utilize Edge and don't get logged out permanently. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card