cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Express peer-to-peer blocking

rudimocnik
Level 1
Level 1

How can I enable peer to peer blocking on ME AP when using Client IP Management - Network (default)?

I know that when choosing Mobility Express Controller for Client IP Management a check box with Peer to Peer Block option appears but this is not available when choosing Network for Client IP Management. Can someone tell me why is that so and how to enable P2P blocking?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

try to upgrade the ME WLC to 8.8.111.0, there you will have option p2p for Network Client IP management.

check my screenshot:p2p error.png

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As per my info, its only configured on Mobility Express Controller for Client IP Management.

For Client IP Management, select Mobility Express Controller
Check the Peer to Peer Block to disable communication between two clients on that WLAN.

If you enable P2P block then it will do the trio for that speciifc WLAN.

Regards

Dont forget to arte helpful posts

But what if I want to serve IPs to client from the Network (VLAN) not the ME controller.

Peer to peer blocking is for wireless client to wireless client so it wont affect the DHCP from the VLAN (wired)

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I am aware what peer to peer blocking does. I am refering to the Client IP Management setting because if I choose Controller it gives me an option to enable Peer to Peer Block. However, if I choose Network (default) the option to enable Peer to Peer Block is no longer available. I am not sure what does peer to peer blocking has to do with Client IP Management I just want to have Peer to Peer on my WLAN that uses Client IP Management set to Network.

whcih software version you are running on MObility express controller ?

All run 8.5.140.0

try to upgrade the ME WLC to 8.8.111.0, there you will have option p2p for Network Client IP management.

check my screenshot:p2p error.png

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card