cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Express - schedule SSID broadcast

rudimocnik
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to schedule availability of WLAN for certain hours of the day? Do you only disable SSID broadcast or entirely disable WLAN itself?

I am running version 8.5.140.0

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Try upgrdae to 8.8.111.0 version then you will not need Cisoc Prime because in new version you will have a option of scheduling.

Check the screenshot:Schedule error.png

Info: with 8.5.140 -- You need to use ACL or Cisoc prime to enable/disable it.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi

First off, SSID schedule requires Cisco Prime, as far as I can tell.  If  you have a Cisco Prime and if Mobility Express is integrated with it, then, I´d say it is possible. Otherwise, I´d say not.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The solution can be dependent on one's skill.
Easiest solution is what Flavio has recommended about using PI to schedule the down/up of an SSID.
Option 2 is to use time-based ACL to configure when the VLAN interface (where the dynamic interface is pointing to) is scheduled for down/up.
Another option is to script when a terminal can log into the WLC and disable the WLAN.
Finally, another time-based ACL and use EnergyWise to power down the AP.

Totally agree with the two solutions above.
For the Prime option look at this: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-lan-wlan/213414-schedule-ssid-availability-on-cisco-wlcs.html

For the time based ACL look at this https://www.pei.com/2016/02/time-of-day-access-for-guest-ssid-on-a-cisco-wlc/

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Try upgrdae to 8.8.111.0 version then you will not need Cisoc Prime because in new version you will have a option of scheduling.

Check the screenshot:Schedule error.png

Info: with 8.5.140 -- You need to use ACL or Cisoc prime to enable/disable it.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Nice! Great ideas guys. I'm going to try upgrading the version as suggested.

Thanks!

Hello,

Please show the steps to configure the same

Hello,

I was trying to configure SSID scheduling on Cisco 3504 WLAN controller version 8.8.120.0 but the shared deployment method is for mobility express Access points. If you can share the configuration for Cisco 3504 controller.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card