cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Group with FlexConnect

promero
Level 1
Level 1

I have two WLC 5520 and Flex 7500 both with FlexConnect but I have problems to configure Mobility Groups, what would be the recommendations to review ?, Multicast is not enabled only unicast because the Flex 7500 is not compatible with Multicast.

Firmware version is 8.3.143.0 in both WLC.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The solution was to eliminate check of New Mobility in the WLC 5520.

Controller > Mobility Management > Mobility Configuration > New Mobility > uncheck the box and apply.

Thank you for your comments.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
If both are running the same software, Mobility Group should work correct, even without multicast. Make sure to use the correct MAC addresses.
What is the status of the Mobility Group?

The scenario is three WLC in total, two in SSO and one individual (Flex 7500), the MACs entered are the MAC of the SSO VIP and the MAC of the administration interface of the 7500 but it is not yet synchronized.

They are both in the same segment.

Controllers configured in the Mobility Group
IP Address Public IP Address Group Name Multicast IP MAC Address Status
10.13.251.159 10.13.251.159 APMobility 239.5.5.6 00:ee:ab:74:2d:c9 Up
10.13.251.172 10.13.251.172 APMobility 239.5.5.6 70:81:05:cf:06:e0 Control and Data Path Down

(Cisco Controller) >mping 10.13.251.172

Send count=3, Receive count=0 from 10.13.251.172

Just checked it on my WLC.
For the SSO pair, use the MAC address of the 'virtual' interface of the Primary (should be the same as found under Monitor -> Redundancy -> Summary). That is the MAC address you enter on the 7500 for the partner. The IP address is the one of the management port of the Primary though.

The solution was to eliminate check of New Mobility in the WLC 5520.

Controller > Mobility Management > Mobility Configuration > New Mobility > uncheck the box and apply.

Thank you for your comments.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card